Creamy filling along with a buttery nut crust makes these decadent treats a true delight. Taste best cold straight from the refrigerator.
- 3/4 cup unbleached organic white flour
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup natural brown sugar
- 5 TB Natural By Nature organic whipped butterFilling
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 TB orange blossom honey
- 1 large egg
- 2 TB Natural By Nature organic milk or cream
- 1 TB freshly squeezed lemon juice (preferably Meyer Lemon)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place the flour and hazelnuts in the bowl of a food processor and process until nuts are ground and the mixture is blended. Add brown sugar and butter and process until crumbly and completely blended. Reserve 1/2 cup for later use.
Press the remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of an 8X8 inch square baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
While crust bakes, prepare filling by blending the cream cheese, honey, egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract together completely. A blender works well for this process.
Pour filling onto the hot crust. Sprinkle the reserved crust over the filling evenly, pressing down just slightly with fingers. Return to oven for 25 minutes.
Cool in the pan. Refrigerate and cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.